Monday, April 12, 2010

Drift Car in the Making - 30 days or less

It's been a pretty exciting week this week. Most of the parts that we've ordered for our drift project have finally arrived. Today's gift from the mailman was a set of KW club sport coilovers that we had special ordered from Germany. I was so excited that I texted all my friend the good news.
 Since this is my first ever blog, I want to take a moment to tell you more about me and our new project drift car. I've always been a car enthusiast and I first learned about drifting while I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan back in 97-98. After I got out of the Service, my best bud ViK and I built an SR powered S13 (Nissan 240SX) strictly for drifting. After the build, we would go to Willow Springs once a week for a whole season with 10 sets of used tires and burn it up! It was all Good times, until I blew a piston?
After that our drifting was put on hold. ViK started his own project, an LS powered S10 drift truck that didn't work out due to him getting raped from the shop he took it to. I don't want to get into details, but it was a very expensive mistake. I decided to sell my S13 and move on to a S14 chassis which I just bought recently for this new project. ViK decided that he would let me use his engine and that we could just go in together on this car like we did with our first S13. For all of you that don't know, Drifting is a very expensive hobby.
So he we our today and the build is as follows...
-LS Powered S14
-Custom headers and exhaust
-Aluminum drive shaft
-Progress sway bars
-Sparco Pro 2000 race seat
-Nardi Steering wheel with NRG hub and quick release
Parts that have arrived
-KW clubsport coilovers
-SPL parts tension rods, traction rods, toe rods and upper control arms
-Tien S14 inner tie rods with SPL outer tie rod ends
-Modified Spindles and lower control arms are on the way from KPR race engineering 

Well that's if for now, but make sure you guys stay tuned in because there is definitely more to come!!!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment