Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Updates and Pix....

What's going on everybody... Just wanted to give everyone on update on the car. We are still on hold for the steering angle mod. Contacted KPR and was told that it should get shipped out today. I'm hoping it arrives on Friday. I was going to start installing the brakes and pads this week but decided to sandblast and paint the rear calipers. I found it hard to put on a new set of Q45 calipers up front and have junky looking, brake dust covered, stock rear calipers. So I sent my parts to my boys at Quality Precision Cleaning in Duarte,Ca to get sandblasted and cleaned in their clean room facility. I had it painted a cast coat aluminum color with high temp paint to make it look factory. I wasn't going to paint the STOCK calipers red or some exotic color because I think that's gay. But what is even gayer than that is this weekend, I saw another S14 with shiny red Brembos all the way around sitting on tight 19" rims and I noticed he had his hand brake up. I was wondering how he had his handbrake hooked up to his brembo rear calipers and decided to investigate a little further. Come to find out, he had Brembo caliper covers!!! Almost had me fooled...
Anyways, this week we also bought some rubbers for the rims because I believe in practicing safe driving and I never drive with out a rubber. We  got some Federal SS595's all the way around. I don't know why, but it was hard finding Federals anywhere because they are all back ordered and Obama's tariff tax on foreign tire companies. Anyways, we are running 235/40/17 up front and 245/40/17 in the rear on a 17x9 + 17 rim. I originally wanted 255's in the rear but they were not available and took what they had. On the next set of rims that we will be getting next week, we are going to run Maxxis MA-Z1 so we can compare both brands. The rims are generic Work knock offs and yes I am gay too! But not as gay as the Brembo caliper cover dude!
So I guess that's about it, I also attached some photos of the swap because so many of my blog followers (all 3 of them) have been asking for pictures. So here you go... Enjoy

Comments (0)

Post a Comment